Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is how I earned the name Fractalman - Part 2

Some Chaoscope fractals that I did:


Bird, Perch & Chair


It might be hard to believe, but the only editing that I did to this fractal was changing the background. I changed it from a solid color background to a "cloud" effect. It was one of those odd twists of fate that the fractal itself resembled a bird, its perch, and a chair. I was quite impressed with it and thought that the green and white "cloud" background gave it a touch of harmony.


DeanScape


I call this fractal DeanScape because it resembles part of Roger Dean's work for the Beginnings album cover. An album by a phenominal guitarist named Steve Howe (also a member of Yes). This fractal rendition has a bit more of a wispy feel than the solid structure in Roger Dean's work.

Plato's Form Dimension


I call this Plato's Form Dimension because it gives me the feeling of what it might be like to be in the spirit realm. The spirit or forms realm transcends the physical realm. The central bright area symbolizes the purity of this dimension while the other colors symbolize beauty.


Van Gogh's Accident


Unknown to most, Van Gogh got upset one day while painting. During the height of his outburst, he spilled some oil paint onto a dark satin cloth. The initial shape of the spill inspired him. So, he used his hands and fingers to complete the abstract piece. He called it Ongeval (Dutch). This translates to 'Accident' in English. OK, I admit that the story isn't true, but it makes the idea behind the fractal more interesting.

No comments: