Thursday, July 29, 2010

Endeavour - All Songs From 1995 Are Now Available


SoundClick has now fixed the error that occurred when clicking on some of my songs in their player. You should not have any problems once you clear your browser cache.



All 9 of the songs that I recorded in 1995 are now available in the sidebar. I added the following tracks to the playlist:

1) Improv 2 - Keep It Simple

This song has an improvised intro that leads into a simple chord progression that is played more aggressively with each iteration. Hence, the title. Needless to say, this is the least improvised of the 3 acoustic improvs.

2) Going Away

I composed this song in memory of my Grandfather who died in 1993. It contains some set chords and melodies with improvisations intertwined between them. I used the same melody to build the Going Away Reprise improv.

3) Journey of the Decaffeinated Turtle

This song was originally called Journey of the Decapitated Turtle. I later decided to make it more humorous. It's a slow paced song with a prehistoric feel to it. It's a long song, but there are interesting bits upon careful listening.

4) Synthprov - Lament Over Lost Time

This synthprov was done in one take with no preconceived ideas. The use of string sounds gives it a majestic feel. I think it's the most fluid of my improvs as much of it really doesn't sound improvised. Close your eyes and let it flow through you.

5) Chinatown Jam - electric

This electric version of the song does not include the "Taxi to Chinatown" intro found in the acoustic version. This is a more lively version that uses a heavily overdriven organ sound coupled with a sawtooth pad.

I encourage everyone to please take a moment to visit My SoundClick Page to read more about Endeavour, leave comments and/or rate the songs, and sign up if you compose music and don't have an ISP who supports streaming audio. You might even discover other talented musicians.

No comments: