Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Close To The Edge And Back tour cancelled

The summer 2008 tour has, regretfully, been cancelled due to Jon's recent respiratory attack. His doctors have told him that he needs at least 6 months of rest in order to avoid further health complications.


While it is disappointing news, Jon and the rest of Yes aren't spring chickens anymore. Thus, it is important that they focus on their health even if it means disappointing millions of fans. We can hope that they are all well enough to hit the studio and do a little touring in 2009. That will be their official 40th anniversary anyway as the band released their first album in 1969.

To show gratitude for Jon's 45+ year musical career, I'd like to create a "get well" card. You may "sign" the card by leaving a comment in this post. The tentative deadline is July 1.

Related post: Yes 2008 Close To The Edge And Back Tour

7 comments:

Fractalman237 said...

*sign*

Anonymous said...

The entire universe as one wishes the cosmic eternal spring chicken a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Jon, thanks for 39 years of magnificent music.
Get well soon, from a dedicated Australian fan.

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan since I was 14 years old, and my dad's been a fan since he was 18, when Fragile came out. Though you won't be touring this year, it's okay because your health comes first. Get well soon! I can't wait to see you guys in merry old Dallas again.

Your fan,
Matt

Anonymous said...

We love you, Jon! Please get well. You have given us so much beauty! I've been a Yes fan since I was a nine years old, way back in 1976.

Anonymous said...

Get well Jon! I'm only 15 years old and your music has made my life, I hope one day i'll see you and the other members in concert!

Unknown said...

Get well soon Jon,we need more of your Wondrous Stories!!

Kramcool
-Mark